How adorable is she?! She is the definition of a happy baby!
This five on friday is a little different as all the images are from the same night!
1. Me and my momma! Waiting for everyone else to get to dinner to celebrate my dad’s new job!
2. Brio’s pineapple upside down cake. If you go to Brio and don’t order this, you are missing out. Probably my favorite ever!
3. My sister and her best friend wanted to match me. For the record, I was dressed first.
4. Family photo ya’ll! We rarely get everyone together and with my brother getting ready to move to Florida we know this wont happen very often!
5. My most photogenic model. She loves having her picture taken and this was one of the many faces that night
1. Its a lens, its a mug.. its a lens mug! How cute. Finally getting this birthday present to good use!
3. Chocolate Covered Strawberries anyone? I’m actually not a big fan of strawberries by itself, unless there is a lot of sugar or whipped cream covering them. But dipped in chocolate? OKAY, that works too!
4. We haven’t had much of a summer so far. I can’t believe its already July and I have not been to the beach or a pool! Rain, go away!
5. My mom and brother made dinner. It was delicious! Homemade Mac n Cheese, BBQ Chicken, Watermelon and Corn Salsa. I could probably eat Mac n Cheese everyday, but then again who wouldn’t?
On Saturday we celebrated my birthday with my family. Its actually on the 11th but we had dinner early this year!
Some of my favorite quotes and a Woody and Jessie Pez dispenser.
The inflatable jet pack may or may not be used for this years Halloween Costume. 🙂 And since I have a major sweet tooth, the desert bar was a must!
Jessie’s Chocolate Bites, Buzz Lightyear’s Moon Rock Candy, Alien Cupcakes, Barbie & Ken’s Gum Balls and Bo Peep’s Marshmallow Pops!
Pizza Planet Cheeseball & Crackers and Hamm’s Roll Ups for Appetizers. I somehow managed to forget to get a pictures of Bullseye’s Meatballs, and thats probably because they were so delish! We gobbled them all up.
The alien cupcakes tasted a lot better than they may have looked. But you know.. we’re not up for Cupcake Wars.
The entertainment before dinner! Who knew a 14 year old and a 3 year old would get along so well with the same toy!
The sides for dinner were Baked Mr.Potato Heads and The Army Men’s Mixed Veggies!
And the main course, thanks to my chef brother, Rex’s Dinosaur Egg-Plant Parmesan and Slinky Dog’s Chicken Nuggets. It was amazing!
And of course they needed a picture of me with my Toy Story sweatshirt and sippy cup. My mom made Woody’s Ice Cream Cake and a picture of my beautiful birthday roses! Thanks for everyone who came over and helped me celebrate!
I wanted to try the super simple recipe I saw on Pintrest. How fun will these be on Easter Morning? The rolls came in a pack of 8 so you get 4 bunnies.
Take four rolls and leave them in the spiral. Unroll the other four and fold them in half twice to make the ears. Squish together and bake! Drizzle with icing and enjoy!
In college I was in Alternative Break Connections, which is an organization where students can travel during their winter and spring break to different parts of the country and help those in need. In 2009 and 2012 I got the opportunity to travel to Miami, FL to do community service. It was such an amazing experience, I wish I had been able to go back every year.
Dinner the other night? Yes please! Garlic Chicken Pasta with mixed veggies. My favorite!!
If you think your box of Girl Scout cookies are safe around me.. Think again. I love me some girl scout cookies!
Exciting news for me.. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE CONCERT! The first concert I went to was Nsync, and I was around 10 y/o. I can not wait for August 8th!
Started making a photo wall! Its almost finished, just waiting on a few more prints! I thought would be better than painting!
Happy Friday Everyone!
I can’t deny the fact I have such a huge sweet tooth. So getting all these wonderful baked goods and making them pretty during the holidays is definitely one of my favorite things to do. Baking can be such a great gift to give and if you get a little creative it can go a long way! This year we made ‘Reinbeer’, reindeer cupcakes, chocolate covered pretzels, white chocolate grasshoper cookies, Rolo pretzel bites and we still have more were planning on doing this weekend! I had my sister and her friend be my elves and make the chocolate covered pretzels!
The ‘Reinbeer’ was a huge hit as gifts. I don’t drink beer so I have no idea if that is even a good kind of beer but the bottle perfect. I glued googley eyes and a pom pom nose. Twisted around pipe cleaners for the antlers and a cute ribbon for the scarf!
So first you take a pretzel and a Rolo and bake them in the oven. Then when the chocolate is all mushy and moldable you place the pecan on top to press down and put them in the freezer to harden. They’re chocolatey-pretzely-caramely-pecany-delicious. Yes, that’s an actual thing. Yum
What is cuter than reindeer cupcakes? Nothing, that’s what. I found these gems on Pintrest and was so excited to make them this year. Bake your favorite cupcake (I used simple boxed white cake mix) decorate with chocolate frosting. I used M&M’s for the nose, Nilla wafers for the base, York Peppermint Patty Pieces for the eyes and pretzels for the antlers! My suggestion would be to do the decorating the day of. We made them the night before they were going to be eaten and the pretzels and nilla wafers were mushy. They were all eaten just fine, but it would have been better eaten the same day!
These are probably my favorite! If you’ve never had Keeblers “grasshopper” cookies, they’re basically the same as Gift Scouts Thin Mints. So you take those bad boys, did them in melted chocolate and sprinkle crushed up candy canes on top. And to quote my good friends Sophia Grace and Rose I just have to say that it is all “SOOOOO GOOD!”